Who says you can’t have bread on a low carb diet?
Ready for what I think is the best low carb bread recipe on the net?
I came across a recipe posted by Odette Tracey Swanepoel on Tim Noakes’ The Real Meal Revolution facebook page.
She said, “Eureka” I have found it! A bread without milled flaxseed! I made it at the weekend and it is better than anything in the world.”
Here’s a pic…
- 200g Almond flour (about 7 ounces)
- 22ml Psyllium husk (1.5 tablespoon)
- 15ml baking powder (1 tablespoon)
- Pinch salt
- 100g greek yoghurt (3.5 ounces)
- 250g cottage cheese (9 ounces)
- 6 eggs
- 50g melted butter
- 1 x tablespoon xylitol (optional – only if you like sweetness in bread)
- 150g mixed seeds (5 ounces) (strictly speaking not absolutely necessary)
- Mix everything together
- Place into bread tin well greased
- Bake at 180C (350F) for 1 hour
She also added, “One could also leave out the seeds and add nuts or add sun-dried tomato & herbs, or add just desiccated coconut and 1 teaspoon vanilla essence”.
A facebook follower of MuscleHack in the UK called Marc BoyUK made it and said, “Made this today and have to say I was pretty impressed with the ease and taste of this recipe. I did make a few changes:
- Instead of 200g of almond flour I used 100g and 100g of soy protein isolate to reduce the carbs & fat.
- 250g (9 ounces) of quark instead of cottage cheese & 50g of liquid coconut oil instead of butter.
It made 16 good size slices weighing about 60g per slice.”
This is his awesome pic of the finished product…
Nutrition Values per 60g Slice:
- 200 Calories
- 14.7g Protein
- 14g Fat (4.6g Sat Fat)
- 3.8g Net Carbs (1.4g Sugar)
- 1.6g Fibre
NOTE: You can get more high protein recipes for your anabolic lifestyle in my recipe book “Buff Baking”.
Also, make sure you pick up my FREE bodybuilding meal plans. Pack on muscle easily with these anabolic feasts! 1600-3600 Calorie Meal Plans in both Low Carb & High Carb – perfect for everyone!
This is a bread you can have every day on my MANS lean-gains diet, or on the Total Six Pack Abs cutting diet.
T.S.P.A. contains its own modified cycle of THT for those wanting to obliterate fat.
Combining regular THT with the MANS diet has produced some phenomenal muscle gains like:
- MuscleHack Reader Packs on Muscle from 153lbs to 180lbs with no drugs
- 19 Yr Old Kid Gains 19lbs & Adds 2 Inches To His Arms In 5 Months
- Guy Gains 70lbs & 3 Inches On His Arms
- Red Meat + Bacon + Eggs + Cheese = Lean, Muscular, & Healthy
- Reader Gains 3 Inches On His Arms In 8 Weeks
Download the FREE THT workout here…
Hope you enjoy the bread and go hammer out another THT workout today!
P.S. If you’ve never ‘liked’ the MuscleHack Facebook Page, I give loads of free tips over there. Go ahead and give it a like 😀
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)
Thanks again Mark. I’ll leave out the sweetener as I don’t like sweet bread. Can’t wait to try it out this weekend!
Me too, Dan. I don’t like any sweetness in my bread. Enjoy!
Excellent recipe and pictures! I will definitely try this out soon!