You are about to be introduced to what I believe is the most effective MUSCLE BUILDING weight training program on the planet.
If you’re not currently up to speed with THT training, spend the 5 minutes necessary to read this article in full.
Your breakthrough is finally here!
You will build MAXIMUM muscle in MINIMUM time with THT training.
Here’s the deal; you’ll get:
- Unprecedented gains in lean muscle
- Increased strength and power!
- The Key exercises for explosive growth
- Workouts that average 30-40 minutes only
A big promise, I know. Go check out some of the people that have truly excelled with this training approach.
In order to explain exactly what THT is, let’s take a look at the features of the program.
The THT Weight Training Routine Principles
(1) Pursue Progressive Overload ALWAYS. The most fundamental of them my friends. If you aren’t increasing either reps or weight week on week, you aren’t growing. No matter what training system you use, Progressive Overload should always be the cornerstone.
(2) Train To Failure Every Set. The necessary maximum muscle stimulation to force adaptation occurs in the last few reps of a set.
Reaching positive failure ensures full muscle fiber recruitment and that the muscle(s) worked are being subjected to 100% of the potential load each set has to offer.
(3) Maximum Recuperation Between Sets. If you don’t allow enough rest between sets you’ll severely restrict the amount of overload you can place on the intended muscle in successive sets.
Studies show that breaks of 2 – 3 minutes allow for maximum performance in successive sets but longer rest periods offer no further advantage. This means that you achieve MAXIMUM results with breaks that last 2 – 3 minutes long.
(4) Train In Cycles. Keep results coming by training in cycles. In THT we train in 10 week cycles before taking a break.
(5) Deliberate Deconditioning. In order to maximize muscle gains you need to take a well deserved break every now and then. This has both psychological and physiological benefits. Take 1 week off at the end of each 10 week cycle.
(6) Train In the Various Growth-Stimulating Rep Ranges. THT involves cycles of 6-8 reps, 7-10 reps, and 8-12 reps. These are all truly ANABOLIC rep ranges that will literally FORCE your muscles to grow.
(7) Progress In SMALL Increments. Increasing the load you lift is the crux of Progressive Overload. BUT, it is important that you increase the load in small increments to ensure you KEEP progressing indefinitely and avoid plateaus.
(8) Train For 1 Hour Max. Limiting the release of catabolic hormones is crucial for us naturals. There is a point of diminishing returns in bodybuilding. Maximize muscle stimulation in minimum time, then get OUT of the gym and REST.
So that’s the POWER of THT in a nice, short summary. However, it is NOT the whole program and the points above are discussed in greater detail in my FREE book ‘THT Training ‘. Get your copy now by entering your name and email in the box at the top right of this page or below.
‘The Muscle Hacker’
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)
Nice Job here, very to-the-point.
I agree with all points.
Oh by the way, what is the protein/fat/carb ratio for the MANS diet, and can muscle still be built on such a diet?
Everything here adheres to what I have learned to be true in my own personal experience. The only comment I have is. that I am contemplating increasing the frequency of workouts, and decreasing the volume per training session. (ie. total body training, compound movements 3 x week Mon, Wed, Fri, 2 sets per muscle group to failure) I plan to keep my total workout time per session to below 45 minutes to prevent catabolism. On my “off” days (Tues, Thurs), I am going to engage in active recovery workouts. I plan to do about 15 mins on the eliptical at low intensity, just to get the blood pumping through the muscles enough to clear them of any lactic acid buld-up from the increased frequency of my weight training sessions. Low carbing all the way to keep GH high, with the 24-36 hour carb-up on weekends when I stay completely away from the gym. What do you think Mark?
a great summary here Mark,
I’ve decided to hit the gym again
and need all the motivation i can get!
you’re doing a great job
changing people’s lives mate!
btw, as you suggested i’m purely going rely
on WPI, creatine and L-Glu only like you’d said.
expecting good results!!!haha
Pauly. That’s exactly what I have been doing the last 3 months. Full body work-out, with mostly compound exercises, 3 times a week. (HST pricples)I have had better results with this than the “each musclegroup once a week” mantra. New research has shown that the hypertrophy stimulus only lasts 48 hours after a work-out. And that the muscles are capable of new growth after a new work-out after 48 hours.
I think progressiv overload is a must, but I am not so sure about going to failure each time. I really don’t understand how you can go to failure AND have progressiv overload at the same time. You have to reach a plateau pretty fast this way.
Just my 2 cents..
Great breakdown of the system buddy! Thanks for putting it together for quick reference.
I always find it amazing just how much muscle mass you can build by simply sticking t the basics. In fact, I bet that 90% of all of the muscle mass that I have built over the years was direct result of the 10 fundamentals listed above!
I’ve been in contact with you before, via e-mail and have received stuff from you, and I’ve advertised your site in our gym etc. But for some reason when I try to ask for T.H.T. to be mail to me it rejects all 4 of my different email addresses and says it’s not found on your system.
Will you mail me your T.H.T. System please Mark? I believe in your work so much and want to advertise more at our gym where I work as personal trainer.
God bless ya,
@Paul. Copy sent.
If the recuperation period of 2 – 3 minutes between sets is used for stretching and lightly flexing the working muscles will this have a detrimental effect on the amount of phosphocreatine you replenish in the 2 to 3 minutes of rest. I mean should u just completely relax the muscle? I would feel lazy in sitting down for 2 – 3 minutes waiting. . .
I try to download your free book, but when I click, it takes me to a page that says that the account is not in your customer’s records.
Thanks, good read. Do you think you would be able to post up a sample training routine?
Hi, I’m trying to have this workout emailed to me but it won’t work for some reason. I have tried to register and had my activation emal, that has all worked ok but when I enter my details in the fields above, it just says that my email cannot be found in your data base.
Please could somebody send me the programme?
@Paul. I emailed you, check your inbox.
I have a question:
what happens if i do THT but with the help of a roid cycle?
I am also gettnig error message. Plz mail me your ebook. Thanks
Mark, can you (or someone) email me the program?
I try to enter my info above and it says I am not in your database. I still get the emails so Idk how Im not
check your inbox, Ani
I’m also getting error, please e-mail me your THT program. I’ve just discovered your site and I think its really interesting.
Please send me your THT program. I think your link is broked…
Sorry to bother you with this but when trying to get the free book I got this message: “Notice:
Sorry, the account you tried to access was not found in our customer records. To notify the website owner of this message, push the “back” button on your web browser or check some of the selections below for more information.”
Is there anyway you would mind emailing it to me?