Hanging Leg Raises are simply one of the most effective ab exercises ever. They are very much a part of my free THT Training.
Why? Because there is resistance placed on the abs at every point in the range of motion – especially at the top when the abs are in their fully contracted position – this is important.
But I make them even more effective by using the drop-set method. If you want killer abs, watch this video showing me demonstrating my method.
- Place a dumbbell between your feet.
- Hang from a chin-up bar with either a wide or medium grip.
- Now raise your legs with the dumbbell between your feet until your thighs come up to 90 degrees (or higher) to the torso.
- Perform the negative/lowering slowly under full muscular control to help recruit as many muscle fibers as possible.
- NOW DROP SET…
- There is no break between the sets, think of it as 1 set. Simply go to positive failure, then set the weight down (at 27 second-mark in the video) and keep going and knock out as many extra reps as you can again.
- In THT training, you want a weight that allows you to get anywhere between 8 and 15 reps per set for hanging leg raises.
- When you can get 15 or more weighted reps for this exercise, make a note to use a slightly heavier weight next time around.
Some people prefer to use ab straps here to hang from. If you want to, that’s perfectly fine.
By the way, exercise alone cannot give you a six-pack. You need to reduce your total body fat percentage to below 10% (17% for women). For this, I highly recommend my Total Six Pack Abs program to get shredded as quickly as possible.
NOTE: These are only one of the many effective exercises that form THT Training. There is a free THT Exercise Bank listing the most effective exercises for ALL body parts? Grab it below.
You don’t have to go to your email to click a confirm link or anything like that; the download link will appear immediately after you enter your details. Enjoy! 🙂
Thanks! Here's what you wanted. Enjoy...
5 star reviews! Get THT Training Totally Free Below
3 X MUSCLE GAINS | SIZE GAINS IN 2 WKS | 100% FREE 🙂
Get Totally Shredded Fast
Get ripped at blistering speed without losing muscle and keep gaining in the gym. Also, you get your abs or you get your money back! That's the power of Mark's Total Six Pack Abs program. More details here.
Buff Baking Anabolic Cookbook
Extremely easy anabolic recipes with simple ingredients that makes fueling muscle growth feel like a cheat meal! Bars, cookies, pizza, ice cream...see pics and recipes here.
Advanced T.H.T. Training
A brand new workout including 9 x advanced "Shock & Awe" hypertrophy techniques to ignite pounds of new gains! It's "Game-Changing" time! Got at least 1yrs training experience? It may be time to go advanced! You've never trained like this before. Get all the details here.
Stay shredded all year – no more long cutting cycles. If you’ve ever gotten ripped abs only to lose them a few weeks later, you need to know the secrets of staying shredded without fasting and without giving up cheat meals. I’m ripped all year – you should be too! Details here.
Shoulder Blast Workout
In Jan 2019 a bunch of 'lab rats' tested the New Shoulder Blast Workout and gained up to 2.5 inches in shoulder size in 7-10 days! There is a very specific type of training stress that works uniquely well for the shoulders. You're about to target it...hard! More details here.
The Arm Blast Experiment
Gain up to an inch on your arms over the next week with new "hyper-intense" training techniques that literally force new arm growth. The workout is based on the results of an online study conducted by Mark from MuscleHack. More details here.
Chest Blast Workout
3 Workouts | 7 Days | Up to 3 inches in chest growth! A workout that will fry every muscle fiber in your pecs and literally force new and permanent growth...fast! More details here.
The Leg Blast Workout
An explosive training package for fast leg gains! 1 week | 3 x 90 minute workouts | "hyper-intense" techniques = big & fast leg gains. Up to 3 inches in growth. See more details and testimonials here.
HERE ARE THE SUPPLEMENTS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND
I highly recommend MyProtein for all your supplement needs.
GO TO MYPROTEIN UK/EUROPE
GO TO MYPROTEIN USA
- I also recommend to US readers this Optimum Nutrition whey (and here's a low-carb whey)
- And this quality, inexpensive creatine ~ Mark McManus
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)
Oh can’t wait to try these out!