Hanging Leg Raises are simply one of the most effective ab exercises ever. They are very much a part of my free THT Training.
Why? Because there is resistance placed on the abs at every point in the range of motion – especially at the top when the abs are in their fully contracted position – this is important.
But I make them even more effective by using the drop-set method. If you want killer abs, watch this video showing me demonstrating my method.
- Place a dumbbell between your feet.
- Hang from a chin-up bar with either a wide or medium grip.
- Now raise your legs with the dumbbell between your feet until your thighs come up to 90 degrees (or higher) to the torso.
- Perform the negative/lowering slowly under full muscular control to help recruit as many muscle fibers as possible.
- NOW DROP SET…
- There is no break between the sets, think of it as 1 set. Simply go to positive failure, then set the weight down (at 27 second-mark in the video) and keep going and knock out as many extra reps as you can again.
- In THT training, you want a weight that allows you to get anywhere between 8 and 15 reps per set for hanging leg raises.
- When you can get 15 or more weighted reps for this exercise, make a note to use a slightly heavier weight next time around.
Some people prefer to use ab straps here to hang from. If you want to, that’s perfectly fine.
By the way, exercise alone cannot give you a six-pack. You need to reduce your total body fat percentage to below 10% (17% for women). For this, I highly recommend my Total Six Pack Abs program to get shredded as quickly as possible.
NOTE: These are only one of the many effective exercises that form THT Training. There is a free THT Exercise Bank listing the most effective exercises for ALL body parts? Grab it below.
You don’t have to go to your email to click a confirm link or anything like that; the download link will appear immediately after you enter your details. Enjoy! 🙂
5 star reviews! Get THT Training Totally Free Below
3 X MUSCLE GAINS | SIZE GAINS IN 2 WKS | 100% FREE 🙂
HERE ARE THE SUPPLEMENTS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)