Check out this cool infographic, then my comments below.
- MPS (muscle protein synthesis) levels are elevated for about 48 hours after training a muscle. Bear in mind that this is with a fairly low volume: 1-3 sets to failure.
- More sets will stimulate more growth, but then a longer rest period is required to fully produce the growth that was stimulated.
- Therefore, we can train the whole body with about 2 sets to failure for every muscle group and train every 48 hrs to make constant progress. Like my 3-day THT full body plan.
- Or…we can do 8-10 sets per body part and split the body up over 5 days, hitting each muscle group once a week. Like my THT 5-day split.
- You can download both these workouts for free below.
- For all top 5 sources of protein for building muscle, see my post here – you need to see this.
Download THT below. No catches. No gimmicks. Just a free kick-ass workout!
5 star reviews! Get THT Training Totally Free Below
3 X MUSCLE GAINS | SIZE GAINS IN 2 WKS | 100% FREE 🙂
Get Totally Shredded Fast
Get ripped at blistering speed without losing muscle and keep gaining in the gym. Also, you get your abs or you get your money back! That's the power of Mark's Total Six Pack Abs program. More details here.
Buff Baking Anabolic Cookbook
Extremely easy anabolic recipes with simple ingredients that makes fueling muscle growth feel like a cheat meal! Bars, cookies, pizza, ice cream...see pics and recipes here.
Advanced T.H.T. Training
A brand new workout including 9 x advanced "Shock & Awe" hypertrophy techniques to ignite pounds of new gains! It's "Game-Changing" time! Got at least 1yrs training experience? It may be time to go advanced! You've never trained like this before. Get all the details here.
Stay shredded all year – no more long cutting cycles. If you’ve ever gotten ripped abs only to lose them a few weeks later, you need to know the secrets of staying shredded without fasting and without giving up cheat meals. I’m ripped all year – you should be too! Details here.
Shoulder Blast Workout
In Jan 2019 a bunch of 'lab rats' tested the New Shoulder Blast Workout and gained up to 2.5 inches in shoulder size in 7-10 days! There is a very specific type of training stress that works uniquely well for the shoulders. You're about to target it...hard! More details here.
The Arm Blast Experiment
Gain up to an inch on your arms over the next week with new "hyper-intense" training techniques that literally force new arm growth. The workout is based on the results of an online study conducted by Mark from MuscleHack. More details here.
Chest Blast Workout
3 Workouts | 7 Days | Up to 3 inches in chest growth! A workout that will fry every muscle fiber in your pecs and literally force new and permanent growth...fast! More details here.
The Leg Blast Workout
An explosive training package for fast leg gains! 1 week | 3 x 90 minute workouts | "hyper-intense" techniques = big & fast leg gains. Up to 3 inches in growth. See more details and testimonials here.
HERE ARE THE SUPPLEMENTS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND
I highly recommend MyProtein for all your supplement needs.
GO TO MYPROTEIN UK/EUROPE
GO TO MYPROTEIN USA
- I also recommend to US readers this Optimum Nutrition whey (and here's a low-carb whey)
- And this quality, inexpensive creatine ~ Mark McManus
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)
Mark if you had to choose would start run THT full body or 5 day split t? How to do you feel about full body workout over split routine? Both can work but what would you recommend? Thnaks
@Andre. 3-day full body as you hit each body part 3 x times as much. In fact, all I do these days is the 3-day full body routine.
Hi Mark, I prefer your 3 day split and feel I get more progress on it. But its not good to use it over and over, is that what you are saying you do? “in fact, all I do these days is the 3-day full body routine.”
@John. Yes I use the 3 day plan over and over. As I advise on the THT manual, every 10 weeks refer to the THT exercise bank and swap some exercises for the next cycle.