This is one of the best high protein snacks around.
I came up with it myself out of need for a very simple, quick high protein recipe that was made with real food.
The ingredients couldn’t be simpler:
It works better with tuna in brine, as opposed to oil. By the way, squeeze the brine out of the tuna to make it very dry before starting.
(1) Take a tin of tuna
(2) Add 1 or 2 eggs and whisk together until gooey. It just depends on how ‘thick’ you want them. Try adding just one egg first.
(3) Heat a non-stick skillet and pour on the mixture, makes 2 tuna patties. Allow to brown on each side but don’t cook them until they are dry right through. They taste better when still moist in the middle.
I like salsa with these, but experiment with different sauces. You can also add a seasoning of your choice or cheese to the mixture before cooking for a variation in flavor and texture.
This is an extremely easy and tasty way to get about 40 grams of quality protein in your daily diet.
NOTE: All this quality protein counts for nothing if your workouts aren’t up to scratch. Download the most growth-promoting workout I know below. THT training is free. After inputting your email, you will be taken directly to the download page for instant access to the workout. There is no need to go and confirm your email.
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)
Great post Mark I always love when you post new meal ideas so I dont get bored!!
Mine don’t look as good as those in the pic but they taste great. I’ve seen other tuna burgers with carbs added to the tuna, I was happy to see this recipe. Thanks Mark, and nice job on the website as well.
Obviously you arent putting these on a typical hamburger bun, are you just eating this by itself?
No bun Chas – just the tuna goodness.
Are normal hamburgers without buns ok or are they junk food?
Awesome – not only is it easy and tasty, but inexpensive as well.
I hade no tuna, but a couple of tins of sardines instead and its tastes great. Suppose this would work with tinned salmon too.
That was a cool and easy recipe.
How about this, i.e if anyone interested having them with buns like regular burgers i.e Brown bread
1. Drain the Tuna
2. Add Chopped Corriander, green chillies and onions ( depends but as marks said you can experiment with your own stuff )
3. Now instead of adding two eggs that kind of gets it goey you could try two things either make the Tuna into patties you can either dip them into eggs mixture or just add one egg to the tuna and make them into patties and then heat on a non stick skillet.
4. Put them on the Buns add a little chilli ketchup (yeah i know too much chillies just luv chillies they add taste to everything) but if u not a spicy u can try soemthing else 🙂 and enjoy.
just wanted to tell you my husband follows your programs and he is loving it .you enspire him and i thank you so much for your attitude to help others. we tried your chili the other day and it was wonderful.
Thank you so much for the kind comments.
Glad I’m helping you guys with the food and workouts.
All the best!
I tried this , apparently in the US the cans of tuna are not as big:) what i got was tuna omelets not burgers . They were okay don’t think im gonna make these again