Tired of boring chicken? This’ll help you spice things up – and it’s healthy too 😉
As a person dedicated to building muscle mass, you know you need to keep your protein intake up
If you’re like me, chicken comprises a large part of your diet, and with good cause! Chicken is one of the best lean protein sources there is.
I have chicken in:
However, consuming chicken this often can cause you to get tired of it, can’t it? I know I’ve gotten bored of eating chicken more than once!
So I’ve put together 5 ways for you guys to make chicken taste great again! Also, these tips won’t shoot your carb count through the roof.
Top 5 Ways To Make Your Chicken Dishes Interesting
(1) Marinating. You can infuse your chicken with all sorts of flavors by marinating it for about 24 hours before cooking. I buy my chicken fillets in bulk so I tend to defrost 5 fillets at a time. When I feel like a little change I’ll marinate the thawed, raw fillets first before oven cooking.
(2) Spice it up. Get a spice rack to make your meals a little more adventurous. One of my favorite things to do with raw fillets is to shake a little curry powder over them before putting into the oven; it adds a whole new taste to the finished result. You can also try these:
Italian recipes: garlic, oregano, basil and thyme
Thai recipes: cilantro, lime juice, ginger, coconut milk and lemongrass
Mexican : Chilli Powder
(3) Keep the Skin. When cooking a whole chicken, keep the skin on. You’ll be amazed at how much flavor this seals in. You can always remove the skin afterwards if you wish.
(4) Brine. Another way to infuse your raw fillets with more flavor is to soak them in brine. Brining involves soaking your chicken in a salt and sugar solution; we’re going to ditch the sugar though. Simply dissolve half a cup of salt in water and soak your chicken fillets in it for 3 – 12 hours. Refrigerate while brining. Please note that this will shorten the cooking time a little, so be careful not to overcook.
(5) Saute. Cut your chicken into strips and fry lightly. If you’re on the low-carb part of the MANS bodybuilding diet, this is perfect. Fry in some butter, or, if your on the carb-up portion, you can simply sauté in a non-stick skillet with no oil.
Chicken: a bodybuilder’s best friend.
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)