Here’s another Low Glycemic Load muscle recipe:
It’ll only take about 15 minutes to cook this high-protein bad boy.
It’ll have a minimal impact on your blood sugar at a glycemic load of just 6 for the whole meal!
This also means you can feel free to add some low glycemic bread/crackers, like ryvita ,if you want to take advantage of the 15GL meal limit.
Calories – 538
- Protein – 64.5g
- Carbs – 43g
- Fat – 12g
(1) 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef (mince)
(2) 150g pinto or kidney beans
(3) 1/2 bell pepper in strips or diced
(4) 7 ounces/200 grams of chopped tomatoes
(5) 1/2 cup water (4 fl. oz.)
(6) 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
(7) 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
(8) 8 grams chili powder/1.5 teaspoons, or more if you want it hot
(9) 1/2 teaspoon salt
(10) 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheese
- Brown the beef in a frying pan
- Now add the diced tomato, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, water, salt and chili powder
- Now add your beans
- Bring this to the boil for 5 minutes
- Now turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, 10 if you think the sauce isn’t thick enough
Now stick it all on a plate and throw on your grated cheese. Voila!
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)