Do you lift to satisfy your ego…or do you lift to stimulate growth?
Because they are not the same thing.
This article comes with a personal promise from me…
I promise you’ll get the BEST gains of your life if you train the way I’m about to recommend. Even after 1 week, you’ll notice the difference.
And Kai Greene is very much on board here. He knows with 100% certainty that muscle growth does NOT come from throwing around the heaviest weights, but from focusing on making the muscle do the work…and doing it with full intensity to ensure the necessary stimulation.
Watch what he has to say here…it’s very enlightening!
KAI GREENE SCHOOLS “EGO LIFTERS”
Listen from 1min onwards as he explains brilliantly the difference between a “weight lifter” and a “bodybuilder” – they’re not the same. And from about 1:45 he says, “I’m going to be in control of it [the weight] throught the entire range of motion”. Perfectly stated.
To ensure that you are making the best gains with the best exercises, the right number of reps, sets, training frequency, etc. download my free training program below…
Before we get into the instructions, make sure that if you want to make serious muscle gains, you have downloaded my free THT training package right now. THT is life-changing!
Now, you might be tempted to think that I’m beating this issue to death because I mention it so often – BUT ARE YOU REALLY DOING IT?
You’ll get the best gains of your life – no joke.
HOW TO START LIFTING FOR NEW GAINS
If you’ve been ego lifting, here’s what to do this week to correct it:
- Knock 10-15% off ALL YOUR LIFTS. Do it.
- This will allow you to RESET all your lifts for proper exercise execution. Now you can really stimule growth – no more ego lifting.
- Use “contstant tension” on the intended muscle throughtout the whole set
- Do your negatives/lowering slower than your positives (increases muscle fiber recruitment)
- Great a great contraction at the top
- lower all the way to the bottom (full range of motion)
- Take each set to positive failure
- Boom! You stimulated growth and left your ego at the door.
I’ve put guys through this with just 1 set of barbell curls and they’re in agony afterwards. “My bicep is aching!” is the usual response – all those years of training and they’ve never executed a single set of barbell curls correctly.
I tell them, “Congratulations – you just stimulated growth”.
Now. Stop theorizing about all of this and go do it. Today! You’ll thank me for it 🙂
Train With Intensity!
NOTE: I noticed that MyProtein are offering 10% off everything on their site right now – including sale items. Pretty cool. Here’s the instructions.
- USE THIS LINK: 10% OFF
- USE THIS CODE: TEN
- HOW TO GET IT: Add product/s to your basket and use code at checkout
- OFFER EXPIRES: midnight 7th April
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)