Ahhhhhh, so many emails, so little time.
If you’ve emailed me in the last few weeks, you may have gotten a response, you may not.
In the early days of this website, I could respond to every single email I got. These days there’s just no way I could accomplish that. If I blogged for a living it might be a different story, but I don’t.
I have several commitments in life, including…
- I have a family. If I spent any more time in front of the computer, I don’t think I’d ever see them!
- I work a full-time job. I don’t do this for a living. I get up (very) early in the morning so that I can work on the site before I go to work. When I get back home, I make a meal, workout, then hop back on the computer and work some more.
- I workout. As stated above, I’m not one of those armchair coaches – I live this lifestyle. I practice what I preach and I do it consistently.
- I write. Obviously 😉 . Seriously though, it takes longer than you think to get something out of your head and published on the site. For me, it’s 2 hours at the very least. If there’s a video to create and edit, or a lot of research to do, it takes much longer.
- I cook. I prepare every meal from scratch with fresh ingredients. I very rarely buy food that someone else has cooked. Sure it takes time but the results are worth it.
- Life. Sometimes life just gets in the road. Errands, unforeseen circumstances, DIY, helping someone out, grocery shopping, unexpected calls/visitors….
At the very most, I get 1 hour of free-time every day, oftentimes no free time at all. That’s 1 hour max from 5am to about 11pm at night.
I’m not complaining. I’m happy to help. But I do need to explain why I can no longer answer every question that appears in my mailbox.
There’s good news however…
Firstly, use the search box at the top of the page. I’ve covered a lot of topics on this site, your question may already be answered here.
Secondly, the forums are coming very soon. I hope to have them up and running this weekend or early next week. This will be the perfect venue for sharing info, asking questions, and developing friendships in the pursuit of your goals. I’ll be on hand to help, but again, I cannot answer every question that gets posted. I’ll keep you posted on the progress.
Anyway, I appreciate you guys coming back here time and time again and supporting what I’m creating. In turn, I hope you can appreciate that this is a one man show and I have a life to live 🙂
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)
Everyone seeing a white background now?
damn mark! i truly in a way respect you much more now… i’m a student, no family to take care of, no full-time job and once in a while i’m nagging about going to the gym and working out!! i feel so lazy! you got me pumped now! 🙂
keep doing you’re great work!
– yeah, white background for me
🙂 Thanks again Dorian.
Wow, you have one busy lifestlye Mark! I’m with Dorian on this one — I’m a student with loads of free time too and to see all the things you do daily has really put things in perspective. Thanks for all the time you’re putting in to the website and for all the help you have given to every one in achieving a better body! 🙂
Hey keep up the great work Mark, people understand that you have a life. I understand how busy you are as well, I work full time, do college full time, and need workout/family time. Coming to this site for insight and motivation is definitely a nice way to keep myself going, and by following your methods I can save myself some time by using your tried-and-true methods.
ah, but there IS a solution – just don’t take emails..
you’re using wordpress, so check out bbpress.org – a lightweight forum tool for wordpress from the makers of wordpress (it powers support forums at wordpress btw, it’s hugely capable)
then you could launch forums for q&a and that way if you can’t respond to emails, then perhaps your readers could help out 😉