One of my Instagram followers had the genius little idea recently to tweak one of my older recipes and make these delicious high-protein coconut-covered chocolate balls.
By the way, I share some awesome stuff on Instagram – you can follow me here.
So a follower, Neil Heaven, sent me this pic and I didn’t even recognize it as my own recipe until he told me.
He took one of my older recipes, the 3-ingredient protein bar recipe, and formed them into balls and dusted them in coconut (coconut being a great choice for anyone on a low-carb diet).
So let’s have a look at how to make them…
Here’s your ingredients:
- Natural Nut Butter of your choice – I like hazelnut butter as it’s lowest in carbs
- Heavy/Double Cream
- Whey Protein – Chocolate flavor
Also, you can add a teaspoon or two of granulated stevia to sweeten the batch a little more.
By the way, my recommended whey proteins are:
(1) Optimum Nutrition Whey for those in the US
(2) Impact Whey from MyProtein for everyone in the UK/Europe
Here is a video I made for the bars…
- Put 50 grams of nut butter and 25 grams of whey protein into a bowl
- Mix a little until dry and clumpy
- Add 40ml of heavy cream (called double cream in the UK). The ingredients will smooth out quickly when mixed.
- Take out of bowl and shape into a bar or balls
- Dust with flakes of coconut
Enjoy 🙂 Here’s a bigger pic of the balls…
If you haven’t already, download my full THT bodybuilding workout below. It will tell you the best exercises to use, the best rep ranges, how often to train, how many sets to do… everything you need to know to start making real, meaningful gains in muscle size and strength.
After inputting your email, you will be taken directly to the download page for instant access to the workout. You don’t need to log into your email to click on any confirmation link.
If you guys have any questions, just ask me below as I’m always happy to help 😀
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)