My favorite low-carb dish of all time is now available in a low-glycemic load, lower-fat form:
The Muscle Taco or Taco Salad.
This really packs a protein punch and is one of the most delicious muscle-dishes you could eat!
Here’s the all-important nutritional info:
Calories – 438
Calories with tortilla – 560
Protein – 58.5
Net Carbs – 25
Fat – 11.5
Protein – 62.5
Net Carbs – 47
Fat – 13.5
The GL for this meal WITHOUT the wrap is a measley 4! 😀
With the wrap you’re looking at a GL 12 meal.
Here’s the ingredients…
(1) 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef (mince)
(2) 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
(3) 1/2 bell pepper in strips or diced
(4) 2 tablespoons salsa
(5) 2 cups loosely packed lettuce (romaine)
(6) 1 cup diced tomato
(7) 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese of your cheese
(8) 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
(9) Large Wholewheat tortilla wrap (optional)
- Brown beef in frying pan
- Add taco seasoning
- Add sliced pepper and 1 tablespoon salsa
- Cook until peppers are al dente (soft on outside, still a little hard on inside)
- Arrange your lettuce and tomatoes on a plate OR…
- Arrange your lettuce and tomatoes in a wholemeal tortilla
- Spoon on your taco mixture from the frying pan
- Now add your cheese, sour cream, and the other tablespoon of salsa
- Wrap it all up if using a tortilla
Whether or not you opt for the wrapped version is up to you. Perhaps you’ve used most of your GL allowance for the day and are still feeling a bit peckish, omit the tortilla in that case.
But you really can’t go wrong here. You get taste, protein, and low impact on your blood sugar.
Just another addition to the great GLAD diet.
Can I give you my free muscle-building workout?
Join thousands over the world who are packing on slabs of new muscle for free with Targeted Hypertrophy Training (THT)
That sounds like a nice recipe, though if I were to do it, I would use full fat meat, full fat cheese and full fat sour cream and simply omit the carbs from the tortilla, that way you get the great taste from full fat with the knowledge that the whole meal is low GI.
Another fine recipe man. Awesome. Here in Bulgaria we don’t have tacos – the closest thing would be the Arab donners
I tried this bit with a no Added salt chicken seasoning
by swartz. Tasted really good yet so simple! Of course
i added a couple of dried chillis! Love my chillis!
@Ste. Good to see you trying out the GL recipes man. You’ve put me in the mood to go and make this now!